Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Where's the worlds Glamrock city?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Burgundy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2003
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The old school LA scene is dead,and glam is on the level of old thrash metal...underground and only the hardcore fans left,I had hopes with Buckcherry,and the Toilet Boyz,but they turned out to be flickers on the radar...now its all goth-tinged Evanescence clones...or garage "punk" like the Strokes,white stripes,jet,etc...the Darkness were better when they were called Slaughter!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JayForSure:
    Why not create a scene? Several bands that really want to be glam should move to some place such as Mexico City and establish a scene there. Really, no place that has been established as "glam" would ever be known for that again. NY is too Strokes/Hip-hop infatuated, and LA is moribund as well.

    Latin/glam/funk/rock sounds good to me [img]wink.gif[/img] .
    <font size="3" face="Arial">Sounds good to me. We better do it in Lincoln. lol

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MARKYGLAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    1,274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'M NOT ENUFF FOR BUENOS AIRES CITY IN ARGENTINA!!! [img]frown.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member A Katt Named Raggz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    3,524
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll have to say Sweden and Finland for still being GLAM.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member PurplePunki's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    317
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The glam capital is NOT Kansas City, for sure...hell, there are less than 10 rock bands here at all that I can even tolerate, and few, if any, of them can even qualify as glam.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by A Katt Named Raggz:
    I'll have to say Sweden and Finland for still being GLAM.
    <font size="3" face="Arial">You're asking for trouble by saying that.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Sherri Sixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2003
    Posts
    899
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If peeps really were to create a glamrock city,count me in,I can go anywhere anytime,no probs :-)

  8. #18
    Inactive Member kandikaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    943
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LMAO @ " The Darkness were better when they were called Slaughter" hehe.

    No glam here in good ol' upstate Newyork. Not a trace. [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member dvs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    glam capitol, is in my pants....jk
    L.A. is dying but a few great bands are still doin the city proud, I.E. peppermint creeps and revlon red.

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner bubblegumdisaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    686
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do I count Carl? I can name whereabouts bands come from in Sweden even though I ain't from there [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I do however agree with Carl on Sweden in its entirety being a good contender, n' if I had to go for naming a city it would surely be Stockholm

    <font color="#FF00CC" size="1">[ April 19, 2004 07:42 AM: Message edited by: bubblegumdisaster ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •